In life, we love something extra and things we can get for free. An extra scoop of ice cream, dessert on the house, or even a complimentary hotel room. These small things go a long way in making us happy. And if you’re into online casino games, then you’ll be happy to know that these extras are also available. They come in the form of online casino bonuses that can boost your bankroll, play some slot games for free, and enhance your gaming experience.
Aside from its monetary benefits, bonuses are readily available online. Upon the confirmation of your account and initial deposit, a bonus is instantly credited to your account. There are bonuses too that are awarded by simply registering an account without deposit. Or if you’re lucky, you may even get back a percentage of what you have lost in playing real money games! Think of bonuses as rewards for signing up for an account or as a form of ‘thank you’ from the operator for your loyalty. In short, casino bonuses bring out the best in your gambling experience.
But before you register an account and collect your fair share of bonuses, make sure you learn more about these offers. They are available in different types and packaged in different ways. Furthermore, these are still marketing tools that are subject to fair use and certain terms and conditions.
Common Types of Casino Bonuses
As a casino player, the first type of bonus that you’ll encounter is the welcome bonus. Also known as the new customer bonus, the welcome bonus is awarded to new players who sign up for an online casino account. This bonus offers you an exciting way to test a few games and explore the offerings of the casino without using your bankroll. What’s interesting about the welcome bonus is that it’s offered in different ways. Here’s a look at the different ways casinos reward their new customers.
- Welcome bonus with a qualifying deposit. It’s the most popular casino bonus that’s offered by popular operators. In this promotion, you will get a bonus upon registration of the account and initial deposit. Often, it comes as a deposit match bonus up to a certain amount. For example, a casino may offer a 100% bonus of up to €150. This means that the operator is willing to double your initial deposit up to €150. So, when you deposit €150, you’ll start with a bankroll worth €300.
In some casinos, players can enjoy a layered new customer bonus. Under this promotional arrangement, you can enjoy the welcome offer for the first few deposits. For example, you may get a deposit match bonus up to your fourth deposit on the platform. Each day, there’s a separate deposit match offer subject to specific terms and conditions. This variant of the welcome offer is helpful for new players who take time to test the waters before playing the games.
For new players who love slot games, then there’s another popular variant of this casino offer: the deposit match bonus that’s bundled with free spins. For example, a leading casino rewards its new players with 100% up to €300 that’s bundled 200 free spins playable on the Book of Dead. This casino bonus combines two exciting offers, the deposit match, and free spins, thus offering you an exciting start to your casino adventure.
- No deposit welcome bonus. For most casino players, this bonus is the most lucrative and convenient. As the term suggests, you can collect a bonus without completing the initial deposit requirement. To qualify for the bonus, you only need to register an account with your preferred online casino. Upon confirmation, the casino will reward you with bonus money or free spins on qualifying slot games.
However, the bonus money or free spins you’ll receive are not as lucrative compared with deposit bonuses. For bonus money, casinos may credit €5 or €10 to the player’s account. Similarly, new players may collect 5, 10, or 15 free spins. The amount may be smaller, but it’s still a lucrative promotion since it’s given away with no deposit required!
- Free spins. For most online slots players, the free spins are the most lucrative offers around. As mentioned, they come in the form of no deposits bonuses or as part of the promotional offers for new players. Whatever its nature of the release, one thing remains sure: they offer an exciting way to play slot machines for free!
However, there’s one caveat in this type of promotion- the bonus may only be considered ‘free spins’ when these are not subject to the standard playthrough requirements. Due to the strict requirements of the UK Gambling Commission on fair advertising, casinos are only allowed to use the term if their offers are not subject to a wagering requirement. Otherwise, these bonuses are called bonus spins.
- Other common types of bonuses. Once you become a full member of the casino, you’ll get access to a wide range of bonuses and promotions. These bonuses are available in varying amounts and you can collect them in different ways. Here’s a quick look at the other common online casino bonuses that you can enjoy online.
- Reload bonus. Every time you reload your account, you are awarded a bonus. This is called the reload bonus and it’s packaged as a deposit bonus up to a certain amount.
- Cashback bonus. In some casinos, you can get back a percentage of what you have lost in playing real money games. In online casinos, we call this a cashback offer. Similar to the reload bonus, it’s packaged as a percentage up to a specific amount. For example, a casino will offer a 10% cashback up to €10.
- Refer-a-Friend bonus. If you can refer a friend to sign up for an account, you’ll get a bonus.
- VIP Program. In top-tier casinos, you will find a VIP program that rewards the high-rollers with different bonuses and perks. Often, membership is tiered depending on the player’s status.
Get Your Online Casino Bonuses Today
There are different ways on how to collect and enjoy your online casino bonuses. The most popular way is to register a new account in an online casino. For casino regulars, there are recurring promotions too that can boost your bankroll and enhance your gameplay.
Check out our reviews of the best online casinos on this site. We don’t just review these operators based on their game selection, games, and customer support. Our team also compares the best casinos based on the value of these bonuses. It’s our team’s commitment to list, compare, and review all popular bonuses and promotions so you can only pick the ones of value to you.